We know we’re supposed to pray … but why? Do our prayers really make a difference? And is there a “right” way to pray?
Although prayer feels abstract and complex, it’s actually quite simple—we have direct access to God!
During our Dive Deep series, we’re engaging in a prayer revolution as we journey to discover the how and why of prayer. Here are a few ways you can learn about and experience the power of prayer in your own life.
40-DAY PRAYER CHALLENGE
September 19-October 28
You and a partner. Five minutes a day. That’s it.
Super simple, yet immensely powerful.
So here’s the challenge:
- Choose a friend, a family member, or your spouse to join with you in this commitment.
- Spend five minutes a day for 40 days praying with that person. Express thankfulness, pray about concerns, speak God’s Word over each other, and expect to see God move.
Prayer is the most powerful force on the planet because it connects us to the God who created it all. In the amount of time it takes to brush your teeth and comb your hair, your life can change forever.
“If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”
Who should I choose as my prayer partner?
Choose someone you can trust and be open with. You also want to make sure you have access to them (whether in person or by phone) for at least five minutes a day. Anyone is fair game: a family member, a good friend, a coworker, a spouse, a girlfriend/boyfriend, or a mentor.
What do we do?
Take turns thanking God, asking God for His help or provision in certain areas, or praying God’s Word over each other. If you want to, you can choose different friends/family members, church leaders, political figures, or nations to pray for each week.
Wondering where to begin?
Check out our pocket-size prayer guide on the back of our challenge card!
What if it’s awkward?
Don’t worry about it! If you’re not used to it, praying with someone can be awkward at first, but continue to focus on God and enjoy your time connecting with that person. You’ll quickly start to feel comfortable praying together.
DIVE DEEP | A FELLOWSHIP SERIES
Weekend Services | Starts September 10 & 11
Whether you’re struggling in your prayer life, an experienced prayer warrior, or unsure what a prayer life means, this series will encourage and inspire you. You won’t want to miss a weekend!
WANT TO DIVE EVEN DEEPER?
Here are some additional recommended resources for you to check out as you continue your journey into prayer:
- Before Amen: The Power of a Simple Prayer (Max Lucado)
- Moving Mountains: Praying with Passion, Confidence, and Authority (John Eldredge)
- Prayer: Communing with God in Everything (A.W. Tozer)
- Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? (Philip Yancey)
- Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God (Timothy Keller)
- The Circle Maker for Kids (Mark Batterson)
- The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears (Mark Batterson)
- The Great House of God (Max Lucado)